Temptress Chocolate Cake recipe from Amorae
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
¾ cup cocoa
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
½ cup canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup of Lakewood Temptress
1. Mix all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients except beer. Beat at medium speed until combined.
3. Use rubber spatula to stir in beer (batter will be thin).
4. Split batter between two 9” cake pans.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes; depending on your oven. (Until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
6. Cool for 10-15 minutes in pans on wire rack. Then remove from layer pans & cool completely.
7. Generously apply your favorite icing and enjoy!
To make it simple to remove the cake from the pans, butter the bottom of the pans and press a piece of parchment paper cut to fit down on top of the butter. I also butter the sides of the pan and dust them with flour.